Location: European Forest Institute, Platz der Vereinten Nationen 7, Bonn, Germany
Date: 7th to 8th of December 2017
The InForMAr kick-off workshop brought together European policy stakeholders, scientists, practitioners and NGO's to discuss:
- The aim of the project and the idea of a large (science-) policy network related to integrated forest management.
- Policy relevant questions relating to the integration of nature conservation in SFM through integrated forest management in Europe.
- The selection of best practices cases that will be examined during the next stage of the project.
The kick-off workshop furthermore aimed to start the process of building a network of European policy stakeholders interested in the issue of integrated forest management and its importance for nature conservation.
The report from the meeting is available for download here: INFORMAR Kick-off Workshop
- InForMAr – an Integrated Forest Management Learning Architecture. Georg Winkel, EFI.
- The practice network : Marteloscope and demonstration sites. Andreas Schuck, EFI.
- The policy network: the “European Integrate Network” initiative. Tomáš Krejzar, Czech Ministry of Agriculture.
- Production, conservation and further forest functions – how to balance forest management across Europe – a book project. Frank Krumm, WSL.
Keynotes – perspectives on integrated forest management
- Integrating biodiversity in forest management: a French perspective. Yoan Paillet, IRSTEA.
- Research and practice on integrated forest management in north Europe. Lena Gustafsson, SLU.
- Policy, Socio - Economic and Ecological Drivers of Integrated Forest Management: Taking Stock and Looking Ahead. Metodi Sotirov, University of Freiburg.
- Integrated Forest Management as a strategy to conserve forest biodiversity - environmental NGO perspective. Susanne Winter, WWF Deutschland.
- EU forest - related policy and challenges for Integrated Forest Management. Peter Loeffler, DG Env.
- Pro Silva perspective on Integrated Forest Management - questions towards research. Eckart Senitza, Pro Silva Europe.
- Integrated Forest Management: A “Civil Partnership” between producing and protecting? Robert Flies, Luxembourg Private Forest Owners.